Sunday, April 19, 2015

MINE


I wanted to use my phone for this project, and to try to embody the feeling of a vine, but I needed it to be a little longer for my purposes. In the Eddie Izzard clip that I show, he is talking about British Imperialism, and how just the presence of a flag and a gun makes a space into a place, and beyond that a place that is OWNED. I don't know how a person really owns a place, but it happens! It happens on the large scale and on a much smaller scale. This happens all the time, every day--if you want to grab a table for lunch, you put a marker there, and that space suddenly becomes yours, if only for a short amount of time. And then, if people continuously own that space, it is thought to be their's, like a lunch table that is generally thought of as the 'nerd table'. I wanted to try to mimic this kind of behavior, while also making something kind of funny featuring my favorite comedian.
Featuring my friend Jacob, who very kindly was my antagonist.

2 comments:

  1. Definitely has the vine feel, which I love, because vines are fantastic and have become a true art. This is quite silly while also carrying a lot of meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!!!! Haha, This is funny and so true. I love that little umbrella thing; it's silly and cute.

    ReplyDelete